Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transfer 4 Week 3

Hi friends! 
Well another great week out here in Red Bank!
We started off with a zone activity on THE Jersey Shore. I don't recommend watching the show but it was pretty cool to visit a well known spot and run around in the sand :)
So many good things happened this week and I learned a lot so I'll just make a list
~ ALICIA was BAPTIZED Thursday night! Her brother in law performed the ordinance.
~The Encyclopedia of Mormonism is the coolest thing ever written. (Mama I wouldn't be opposed if this showed up on my birthday ;) . I'm a nerd and when I get home I just want to read it all the way through. 
~ Everything has spiritual significance. Eternal perspective is key. The worldly cares and worries we have are significant to Heavenly Father. Our concerns are His concerns. There is a spiritual connection ALWAYS and doing things that increase and exercise faith in Jesus Christ are always a part of the solution to our problems.
~ The members in our ward told me that I don't sound gringa at all! I didn't really believe them at first, but it did boost my confidence in my Spanish
~ Snow. I thought we were done with that. It's alright though because it's gone now. We actually got snowed in and couldn't use our car because the roads were suuper bad. Sister Mendonca has a lot of health problems so we thought we couldn't go out, but she was super brave and just trusted in the Lord with all she had and we worked our area on foot. We saw so many miracles that night and met so many incredible people who are prepared to receive the Gospel. She did suffer physical after, pero me dijo "vale la pena." Wow my companion is so awesome. 
That same night as we were walking with some of our members, we saw our recent convert who was walking through the storm inadequately dressed. I gave him my hat wishing I had more I could give, put my hood up, and kept going. 15 minutes later our member said he had to stop at a tienda to pick something up. He came back out and put a hat on my head. I was not expecting it at all. This man does not have much and it was definitely a sacrifice for him to buy. I told him he doesn't need to spend money on us and that I could buy it and he told me in a firm voice that he needed to do this. He needed the blessings of serving someone/doing missionary work by helping the missionaries (Mosiah 2:17). I'm not explaining this well, but it was a tender mercy of the Lord and I KNOW that he will be blessed 10 fold for the sacrifice he made. 
I love you all and I love missionary work and I love Jersey!
Be an answer to someones prayer this week! Miracles are everywhere!
LQM
Hermana Stone

#BecauseHeLives

fotito del bautismo de Alicia!




No comments:

Post a Comment