Monday, March 9, 2015

Let's hear it for Brasil!!! Red Bank Transfer 4 week 1

Hey friends!
So this week I was transferred to Red Bank (an area that covers 17 or so cities)! South Jersey on the shore with trees and water :) Union City was a blast, but I am soooooo happy to be in a place that has nature! 
My new companion is from the AMAZONS! Yep Brasil! Sister Mendonca is so amazing, she's fluent in Portuguese, Spanish, French, Mandarin, and learning English and Japanese. Wow so cool. We basically only speak Spanish because she struggles with English and gets frustrated. We're helping each other out a lot :)
Well after Transfer conference we had a little bit of an adventure because Sister Mendonca doesn't drive and it was my first time driving in Jersey. Also, I don't have a GPS so poor planning on my part. Thankfully the last missionary in this area let us borrow hers until we get a new one and it still has the addresses in it! Driving home we followed our Zone Leaders and a huge storm hit. It was tricky, but we made it safely. The next day we basically got snowed in and had to cancel our appointments, but our Awesome branch mission leader and his wife picked us up and the person we were teaching and we had the lessons in the house! I was blown away! They are the MVP's in my book right now!
There is so much work to do here! It's kind of like a treasure hunt finding the people who speak Spanish, but when we do, we find a lot of them!
We just started teaching a dad of a part member family and he is really receptive to the gospel! I know he wants what's best for his family, and that his family can be eternal! It's not just individuals fighting for a spot in the Celestial Kingdom, but families progressing and making righteous decisions together!
We have a mother and daughter on date to be baptized this Sunday and the Thursday following! More info on them next week!
I'm out of time, but I hope life is good :) Ether 12:28
Con mucho amor
Hermana Stone

Last pic with La familia Martinez in Union City ... Love them!
Elysa and her new companion

No comments:

Post a Comment