Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Week 17

Hi friends! This week I should just use a song to describe life. It's called Good To Be Alive. I'll try to attach it but if not it can be found on the youth website https://www.lds.org/youth/theme/2015?cid=YS-M-youththeme&lang=eng 
This week really stretched us in every possible direction, but I'm so grateful for that. No better way to grow! Humility and prayer are essential. Well New Jersey finally lived up to it's reputation for cold! We are consistently under 15 degrees at night and 25 is about the highest it was this week. Without wind it's okay, but with wind and rain too, oh man. Ain't Texas! Or PNW. Another reason Washington is great, it stays about 30 degrees always haha.. 
One of my favorite parts of this week was a tri-zone conference in Morristown. President and Sister Taggart spoke to us and got us all pumped again! Missionary work is the best! Sister Taggart talked a lot about serving with all our Heart, Might, Mind and Strength (Doctrine and Covenants 4:2). Might Mind and Strength take all our physical emotional mental efforts, and because we're human, drain our energy...But, when we serve with all our Heart, that's what fills us up! Love never runs out. It's an energizing source because God is Love (1 John 4 vs7? I know the whole chapter is about it.) It's so true. On the hardest and coldest days when I focus on just loving the people I'm with I don't feel the weight of the work. How did the apostles and Alma and Parley P Pratt do missionary work for 40 or 50 years? They loved the people they served. If they could do it for that long, we can too :)
The greatest miracle of the week was Carlos! Yes again! If you aren't up to date on his story, it began December 2. We talked to him and began teaching him. December 28 he accepted the invitation to follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by immersion for the remission of sins. January 4 he was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the holy Ghost. Yesterday 1/11/15 he received the Aaronic priesthood and Baptized his son Sebastian! Wow! Love them so much! I testify that the gospel blesses families! I see it everyday in my own family, in the Martinez family, and everyone else around me!
Sorry I don't have more time. Know that I love you all dearly and pray for you!
Have a great week and look for the miracles!
Con amor
Hermana Stone

Argos Martinez!

No comments:

Post a Comment