Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 2

Wowow another great week here in the CCM! Spanish is coming along well and I love the Latino people so much! Nuestros maestros think it's funny to watch us talk with the natives, especially in the dining hall, but I think it's the greatest thing ever! I LOVE singing los himnos because I feel the spirit so strong doing that and also it really helps with the pronunciation.
Shoutout to Kymboslice for the DearElder letter, you sure know how to show the love :) Our district makes a big deal about "baemail" so I felt pretty good about that! Also, Ahnyka I'm glad the gerbils are doing well and that you got to watch the Young Womens broadcast! The words of our leaders are 100% inspired by our Heavenly Father and I am so grateful for that direct revelation! I am soooooo excited for General Conference this weekend! I am so lucky to listen to devotionals and talks multiple times a week, I don't know how I took conference for granted..and maybe even slept through it in the past :/ It's seriously great stuff!

So my favorite quote of the week was "I'm basically Beyónce" The hermanas in our zone are so friendly and we do everything together! What a privilege it is to work alongside them in the CCM and eventually campo misional (mission field).
Working out is probably one of the best things ever here! I started out as the weird one just doing my thing while everyone plays games, but gradually people have been joining me and filling an entire room haha. I have my notebook full of a bunch of stuff and people having been copying it out into their own lately. Nothing better than feeling united in all different kinds of work :)

It is always a good day to be from Washington, but this week I had some incredible PNW pride! First off, an elder sang for us in Relief Society on Sunday and there was not a dry eye in the room. Hermana Dearden and I thanked him and told him that he was the closest thing to Josh Groban and we just appreciated his talents. The best part is he is from Seattle! He had a contract for 3 years singing with the Seatlle Opera/Symphony. wowow. Represent. Turns out one of my favorite hermanas is from EVERETT and a district leader has a brother engaged to a girl I knew on good old Fidalgo Island! They couldn't believe that I had the privilege of living in paradise for 14 years...but they actually did. It was nice to hear people talk about it in the same loving way I do.
I'm running out of time so I'll just bullet the things that inspired me this week. 

There is so much it would take me until next p*day to say it all so this is probably the best way.

*Dieter F. Ochtdorf¨s YW General Meeting talk in March 2013
*"Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister ~ seriously the best thing I have ever read loaded with stories and scripture references
* Ether 12
*An in house devotional by David F. Evans of the 70/Executive Director of the Missionary Department 
*Johnny Lingo (the movie) ~ building self worth and seeing true beauty
*"people don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care"
*"It's not what we say, it's who we are that can awaken in them that there is a better way to live"
*"Ours is a great calling"
For all my friends, especially the missionaries, this ones for you Doctrine and Covenants 121:9

I love you all so much! When life gets you down, don't just endure, endure it well D&C 121:8
Don't worry, Be Yónce
All my love,
Hermana Stone

Cute southern roomies representin

No comments:

Post a Comment