Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfer 3 Week 5

Hi friends!
Wow this week was fantastic. First off I just want you all to know that Union City, New Jersey is known and loved by Heavenly Father. He is acutely aware of all of these people, their needs and their desires. I feel so blessed to be here. 
Well yesterday Princesa Evelyn was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost! What an essential gift to have and a true blessing. I know she will cherish the guidance she receives daily through the Spirit. 
Argus Martinez (youngest son of Carlos) was baptized by Sebastian (older brother). This was the most special thing I have been able to see so far. It all begin one night in December when we talked to his dad who was running out to buy Argus new pants. We asked him if he liked Christmas, he invited us in to chat with his mom, called us back another day, discovered the truth and was baptized himself. Later in January he baptized Sebastian. Yesterday Sebastian baptized Argus. This legacy of righteousness will continue on for generations and bring more light and truth and happiness than anything else in the world could. Wow. I love them so much. 
We have another family we are working with and they are progressing really well! Raul wants so badly for his family to be united and focused on God. Well Heavenly Father put us in his path and His gospel is blessing this family! They come to church and activities, read the Book of Mormon, pray together and want to be baptized in 2 weeks! I'll keep you up to date!
I was reading in the book of Ether this week in the Book of Mormon and I picked up on a cool principle (chapter 12 verse 4). Hope comes from faith which makes an anchor to the souls of men. I love that because en un mundo loco, a crazy world that's always changing, we need something to anchor us. Faith in God, unbreakable faith, is the anchor we need. "which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." I want to be sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, and always being led to glorify God. I know that the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the fullness of the doctrine of Christ on the earth today. I know that God is my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and I know that the Prophet Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the Gospel in these latter days!
I love you all so much and hope you will spend some time this week thinking of your anchors :)
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment