Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Best Valentine's Day EVER!

Hi Friends! Another great week has come and gone.
True love is ... a lot of things. I'll let you fill in the blank smile emoticon My simple answer is service.
I was sooooo lucky to spend Valentine's Day in the BIG APPLE! Yep that's right! Sister Harris came up from Tom's River and we took C* and S* to the Manhattan temple to do work for their family! They did 5 family names and LOVED IT! It was the most special Valentine's Day ever. They were so happy to help their family accept the gospel! Mi corazon es lleno! It's going to be so hard to leave la familia M*! A* will be baptized this coming Sunday 2/22/15 and that'll [be the whole family now baptized]!
This week a new family FOUND US! They invited us over Saturday, came to church Sunday, and invited us back for tonight!!! Wow! They are so golden! I'll keep you updated on the familia de R* y P* y N* (sus hijas de 14 y 16 anos). Heavenly Father sure loves His children in Union City! So many people are prepared with questions and challenges that help them realize they need something more in their lives. The Gospel of Jesus Christ!
The Best thing that happened this week was that E*'s mom gave her permission to be baptized!!!!! Her faith (and patience) is stronger than anybody else I have met before. She always told us even if I have to wait until I'm 18, I will do what Heavenly Father wants me to do. 1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Sunday 2/15/15 E# was baptized! This 8 year old girl has brought the entire ward together. There's something beautiful about people coming together to support someone in following the example of Jesus Christ (baptism). Our less active member D* brought beautiful cupcakes, the primary prepared a special presentation, the Bishop spoke to her, the Relief Society and Elder's Quorum reached out to her mom. Everyone was just awesome. I know her example to her family will strengthen them and they will continue to see miracles!
The Gospel Blesses Families!
Here's a cool CS Lewis quote! about what it means to see Jesus Christ as a missionary:
“We can say we believe in Christ as we believe in the sun at noon day, not that we can see it, but that by it, we can see everything else”.
I love you all so much and I want to hear about the miracles you see this week!
Con Amor,
Hermana Stone
At Julliard

Princesa Evelyn

At the NY Temple on Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment