Friday, November 21, 2014

Week 9~My First Kiss



Hi Friends! Another great week full of miracles! I'll start out by explaining the title of the email though haha. Yesterday our favorite family that is investigating came to church for the first time in 5 years!!! The mom is an inactive member and her boyfriend is an investigator. They have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. Also, it was in the low 30's yesterday and they walked 11 blocks and were 30 minutes early for Sacrament meeting! My companion and I were on the stand playing prelude music and when we saw them we were so excited that we went down to hug them and talk with them. They loved church and everything was so perfect! I was sitting with the mom in Relief Society and trying to help her 2 year old son stay quiet when he grabbed my face and kissed me right on the mouth hahaha. I didn't know exactly what to do but it was definitely hilarious. I never thought I would kiss a boy on the mission, let alone in Relief Society! The reason this family is a miracle, besides the fact that they came to church, is because they are bringing this ward together. They are going to plan and give them a wedding for free! Decorations, cake, music, ceremony, EVERYTHING! And then they will be living the law of chastity and the dad can be baptized!! And then in a year be sealed for time and all eternity in the TEMPLE! It's all so exciting :)
So this week Hermana Harris and I had the opportunity to go to Ellis Island and learn the history of immigrants in the late 1800's and early 1900's! It was so interesting and I had a personal connection too! My great grandmother immigrated from Norway through Ellis Island. So cool! I love history, but when it has to do with your relatives it's even better! We also, got to help people in the genealogy center and here the stories of their ancestors and meet people from all over the world. Another Hermana who came with us studied Italian before the mission and she was able to help a group of 15 Italians who could not speak English use the site and find their loved ones! So neat.
Lately I've been paying closer attention to the Lord's hand in my life and I can only say "I Stand All Amazed." Which brings to mind one of my favorite quotes from our mission president. God is in the details. I testify of this and encourage you all to make note of the Lord's hand in your lives as well. You will see the blessings and miracles!
Lots of love from the Upper East Side :)
Hermana Stone

Photo note: Ellis Island has the perfect view of the NYC skyline on the left and Lady Liberty on the right (different picture)!

No comments:

Post a Comment