Monday, June 22, 2015

Transfer 6 Week 4

Hey friends! 
i hope you had an excellent week!
I'm short on time but I'll just give a quick update.

___ we watched la esperanza de la luz de Dios. He just cried and cried. He
told us how he has been questioning if God really exists. He felt so
strongly that God lives and he finally understands what path God wants
him to follow. He has been praying every morning and evening and
reading in the Book of Mormon every day and is already in 2 Nephi 4!
He told us that he feels an empty space in his whole body filling up
with happiness. It was a really cool way to describe it. As he was
telling us it just made sense to me. I never know how to describe it
but it's so true! As we keep the commandments to read and pray, we are
physically filled with happiness! Why? Because we are feeling the
Spirit ~ 1 Nephi 1:12
___(____cousin) called and told us that ____wants to get baptized before he
goes to Mexico in July! They get together until almost midnight every
night talking about all the lessons and baptism. He has decided to be
baptized the 11 of July and confirmed on the 12.

We always tell people to call us if they ever need anything and we
really mean it. We have set apart 1.5-2 years of our lives to serve
the way Jesus Christ would serve. We pray hourly that we can find the
people who need our help and that we can be answers to their prayers.
Opportunities always present themselves and miracles happen so often
that I have to write them down to keep track! It's so awesome. But
where I was going with that first sentence is someone finally called.
We dropped everything we were doing and ran to his house. He is making
some very difficult decisions to align his life with Gods commandments
and Plan of Happiness. He cried and we cried with him. It can be hard
to understand why when we are trying our hardest to live the gospel
life throws every curveball your way. We couldn't understand exactly
what he was feeling and the heavy burden he was carrying, but we know
someone who does. We couldn't take away the hurt the way only our
Savior can, but we could take him out to ice cream with a member and
talk about the surety of the good things to come. Even Nephi a great
prophet and one of my heroes struggled in a moment of despair.
"17 Nevertheless, notwithstanding the great goodness of the Lord, in
showing me his great and marvelous works, my heart exclaimeth: O
wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh;
my soul grieveth because of mine iniquities
18 I am encompassed about, because of the temptations and the sins
which do so easily beset me
19 And when I desire to rejoice, my heart groaneth because of my sins;
nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted
20 My God hath been my support; he hath led me through mine
afflictions in the wilderness; and he hath preserved me upon the
waters of the great deep
21 He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh."
(2 Nephi 4:17-21)
He goes on the rest of the chapter, but there are two more verses that
really stick out to me
" 27 And why should I yield to sin, because of my flesh? Yea, why
should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my
heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Why am I angry because
of mine enemy?
28 Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, O my heart, and
give place no more for the enemy of my soul."

There are 2 very real influences in the world. One that cause feelings
of shame, guilt, and despair, and one that heals and fills our entire
soul with the love of God. I know that the love of God is infinite. He
sent His Only Begotten son Jesus Christ to "go forth, suffering pains
and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word
might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the
sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death
which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities,
that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that
he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according
to their infirmities." (Alma 7:11-12)

I have been comforted and healed in my most painful trials and I have
watched in amazement as those I love and serve have felt the power of
the Atonement of Jesus Christ work in their lives. This true Gospel
changes lives. It heals us and gives us hope to carry on so that we
will live with our loving Heavenly Father again.

I love you all so much and pray that we will recognize the answers to
our prayers and BE the answer to someone else's.

Hermana Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment